Thursday, October 2, 2008

Red Sox beat the Angels

That was a great pitching performance by Lester last night. Man, he's really turning into a very good pitcher - not great, just real good. I'm glad he's on the team I root for.

Lackey pitched pretty well for the Angels. The Sox just grind pitchers down. It is obvious that the Sox lineup just isn't the same without Ramirez. Most of the Sox players say the clubhouse is better, but not having Manny's bat in the lineup hurts Big Papi and creates a road map for opposing pitchers.

We'll see how this all plays out. Matsuzaka goes against Santana on Friday, and you just never know what you're going to get with DiceK. He could throw 100 pitches in the first four innings. Plus, the Angels' lineup is fearsome - Vlad is a freak of nature. I know he made a base running error last night, but he brings so much to a team. As a Sox fan, I can tell you that I know exactly where he is in the lineup at any given point in the game, and approximately how many more at bats he's going to get. I'm sure that Francona has his image plastered across his consciousness...

Just saying, Vlad is an unbelievable ballplayer. Go Sox.